By Matthew MacDonald
Unlock the secrets and techniques of entry 2013 and realize the way to use your information in inventive methods. With this book’s effortless step by step directions, you’ll the best way to construct and continue a full-featured database or even flip it right into a internet app. you furthermore mght get assistance and practices from the professionals for strong database design—ideal no matter if you’re utilizing entry for enterprise, institution, or at home.
The very important things you have to know
• Build a database with ease. set up and replace lists, records, catalogs, and different kinds of info.
• Create your personal net app. enable your entire workforce paintings on a database within the cloud.
• Share your database on a network. hyperlink your entry database to SQL Server or SharePoint.
• Customize the interface. Make information access a breeze via development your individual templates
• Find what you would like fast. seek, kind, and summarize large quantities of information in mins.
• Put your information to use. flip uncooked details into well-formatted revealed studies.
• Dive into entry programming. Automate advanced projects and clear up universal challenges.
Read or Download Access 2013: The Missing Manual PDF
Best computers books
This monograph-like state of the art survey offers the historical past, the major rules, the good fortune tales, and destiny demanding situations of functionality review and demonstrates the influence of functionality overview on quite a few assorted parts via case experiences in a coherent and finished manner. prime researchers within the box have contributed 19 cross-reviewed topical chapters adequately overlaying the total variety of functionality assessment, from theoretical and methodological concerns to functions in different different fields.
- Computer Science in Perspective: Essays Dedicated to Thomas Ottmann
- Computer Systems.A Programmer's Perspective
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux & Fedora Edition DVD): The Complete Reference
- HF Filter Design Computer Simulation
- IT Success!: Towards a New Model for Information Technology
Extra info for Access 2013: The Missing Manual
It's not long before the table you want is buried at the bottom of a stack of windows. This somewhat unfriendly behavior is designed to mimic old versions of Access, like Access 2003. But don't worry—you can get back to the slick tabs even if you don't convert your database to the new format. All you need to do is set a single configuration option: 1. Choose File→Options. 2. In the list on the left, choose Current Database. 3. Under the Application Options heading, look for the Document Windows Options setting, where you can choose Overlapping Windows (the Access 2003 standard) or Tabbed Windows (the wave of the future).
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you've added every field you need, being careful to put each separate piece of information into a different column (Figure 1-7). You may notice one quirk—a harmless one—when you add your first record. As you add new fields, Access may change the record's ID value of the record (changing it from 1 to 2 to 3, for example). Because the new record hasn't been inserted yet, every time you change the table's design by adding a new field, Access starts the process over and picks a new ID number, just to be safe.
Although you could start with any field, it makes sense to begin with the name, which is clearly an identifying detail. Figure 1-6 To fill in your first record, start by entering something in the first field of information (like the doll name "Homer Simpson"). Then, hit Tab to jump to the second column, and then enter the second piece of information. Ignore the ID column for now—Access adds that to every table to identify your records. 3. Press Tab to move to the next field, and return to step 2.